Sunday, September 11, 2011

6 hours down...194 to go!

The first day of my teacher training is completed. I am so happy that I have decided to embark on the teacher training journey. There's something about following your passion that just ignites your entire existence.

I'm so happy to be in a beautiful studio with like-minded individuals who also share the same interest. Just from day 1, I feel my knowledge in yoga is increasing and deepening already.

At first, I was intimidated by the teacher's use of sanskrit names for many of the poses. I only know a few of the sanskrit names as it is more common for me to hear the English names to the poses in the studios that I previously practiced, but by the end of the session, I was beginning to pick it up. Gotta make asana flashcards!

What was both cool and intimidating was that we actually led our peers in 3 poses. That was the first time ever for me to be in the instructor position. It's very different to actually instruct and leading is not easy for me to do yet. There is much practice and just so much to learn to be an artful and skilled yoga instructor.

I thank all my previous yoga teachers who have led me to where I am now. Your inspirations will reside in me forever. I hope that with more training sessions, practice, and study, the fire in my soul for yoga will only burn brighter and brighter.