Saturday, August 13, 2011

I didn’t have a TV this summer. It was strange for the house to be so quiet. I wanted simply to vegetate in front of a TV and eat yummy snacks…but I couldn’t and had to find another form of entertainment. I turned to books.

The quiet house was perfect environment for reading. I filled my time with books that would enhance my career and life. It was time to figure out some things in my future before proceeding to the next stages of life. I usually read fictional novels, but this summer, I read quite a number of self-help/business books. It’s helped me tremendously along my journey of self-discovery. I’m focused, motivated, and have much more of a direction in life.

I have goodreads.com to thank for facilitating the process of finding the best books for me. Goodreads.com is a great resource for keeping track of your reads and for discovering new reads in whatever genre you desire. As you find books you believe to be good reads, you can them compile into a list of books to-read. You can view ratings and reviews of book you intend to read and give/receive recommendations from people who read books of similar interest. I’ve found a lot of good reads with this website, and best of all joining is free! So, if you’ve got an account, friend me so we can exchange good reads!